Thursday, November 01, 2007

Taking the Plunge

Okay. It's November 1. The beginning of NaNoWriMo.

Wha?

That's National Novel Writing Month, for those who haven't heard of it before.

Because between co-rebuilding my marriage, homeschooling, holding a full-time job, my SAHD duties, etc. I don't have enough going on. So I've elected to write a 50,000 word novel between now and Nov. 30th (roughly 1667 words a day).

I'm such an idiot.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Feel free to ask me about it...as the NaNoWriMo Powers That Be say:

Tell everyone you know that you're writing a novel in November. This will pay big dividends in Week Two, when the only thing keeping you from quitting is the fear of looking pathetic in front of all the people who've had to hear about your novel for the past month. Seriously. Email them now about your awesome new book. The looming specter of personal humiliation is a very reliable muse.
It's up to you now...make sure I feel the pressure :) You can visit my profile and track my progress, etc at http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/235890

Enough of this nonsense...time's a wasting...sadly, my brains going in several different directions, none of them plotward. oh yeah, 1667 will be a piece of cake...

0 comments: