Tuesday, October 18, 2005

World Series is a comin'

...which means a drastic drop in sports-related posts is on the horizon (and 75% of my 10 readers cheer).

How about those Sox? That pitching was a sight to behold! Those four guys in the picture (and their coach) deserve every accolade and $$ they can get from this (if you grant that throwing a tiny little ball at a man with a stick is worth millions of dollars). My only regret is not being able to see El Duque during the ALCS, other than a few shots of him in the bullpen before he was sat down...watching him work the end of the last Division Series game against Boston was wonderful. Hats off to Ozzie for letting those pitchers shine.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm glad the Yankees fell to the Angels. Watching Buehrle, Garcia, Garland and Contreras chip away at the bombers would've been too disheartening.

Now, I know very little about the National League. Maybe if I let myself spend more time on baseball (already spend too much) I'd get to know it better. But I've really appreciated what I've caught of the NLCS. I'm pulling for the 'stros--would love to see Pettitte get another shot on the big stage. Tonight's game was a great one--tough playing throughout. Good stuff, and then watching that crowd go crazy after the homer put them up 4-2...wow. You could almost imagine Roy Hobbs taking a practice swing or two.

And then Pujols. Wow. That's a series crushing blow. Or at least it can be. Sure, the Astros still lead this sucker 3-2. But if they're not careful, that one pitch, plus that one hit, can be the end of them. Anyone remember game 4 of the 2004 ALCS? That killed the Yankees. For their sakes, I hope the Astros can rebound in St. Louis.

0 comments: