Monday, November 02, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009

Well, it's November, so the Princess, Samwise, Frodo and I have said good bye to the rest of the family and have devoted our free time for the next 29 days to writing our novels. (confused? See this post from last year)

The kids are all off to great starts, each of them already passing the 5% mark (I'm at 4.7% right now). And based off this admittedly small sample, their work has matured in the last 12 months. Don't get me wrong, they've all got a long way to go--I'm not about to start pimping them as the next Christopher Paolini or anything. Still, I was impressed with their output thus far.

There's a little part of me that's worried about The Princess growing up a bit too quickly, here's a snippet from her first chapter.

It was Emma's cousin Abby and Emma's boyfriend Harry. Harry and Emma kissed! They both are 20, so don't blame them!
Interesting note on the behavior of twentysomethings, I wish I had a clue where she got it.

Anyhow, I'll be sure to keep you updated, and hopefully will get the graphics and counters and stuff from last year back up in a day or two. But for now, I've got 1K words to crank out before I crash.

0 comments: