Monday, November 09, 2009

Coming Up with Something to Say

So, I've got my minimum (and a little change) words for NaNoWriMo done, and thankfully, I've been able to recover from a couple of off days towards the end of last week (it's sooo much easier to just churn out the minimum than to recover from a hole like I put myself into last year). So now it's time to turn to keeping my streak going for NaBloPoMo--or just pride. For reasons I can't comprehend, I feel much better about myself when I have something posted here daily. Even more so, if it's something more than a video link :)

Many days, I know exactly what I want to talk about--I'll read a story on a news site, or another blog that'll get me going. Or I'll see a TV show/movie/read a book that I really want to talk about. Or my kids will be involved with something.

But then there are days like today where I don't have anything at all. So what do I do? I check news sites and places like HotAir, Campaign for Liberty, TreasuredValley, and Huckleberries Online, actively seeking inspiration. This rarely works, sometimes it generates a post, but not often--less often one I'm crazy about.

Sometimes, I'll ask someone I'm chatting online with (if I'm chatting...which I'm doing far less of lately)--and frequently that helps a lot.

And then there are days I just ramble and come up with a post that reminds me of that Monty Python album (one of my favorites, actually--good assortment of skits, liked the flow, a friend had it in high school and we listened to it about 35 million times.)

0 comments: