Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Pre-Thanksgiving Feast

Arnold's Kindergarten class hosted a Thanksgiving feast today, unlike the ones I had in school growing up, there was actual food (prepared by students and staff) not just candy corn and cupcakes. The Pilgrim and Native American costumes were likewise made out of actual cloth, not construction paper and paper bags from the grocery store. They're far more classy than we were :) Parents and grandparents were invited, and encouraged to bring cameras. I, of course, left my camera on my desk and the batteries in the charger. So I got to try out my new phone's camera. With one exception, I seemed to do okay with it (def. the best phone-based camera I've owned).

Do note the male-female ratio in some of these group shots, in future years, this will be a dream of these young men, but now it's something akin to torture.







local readers will want to take note that there is not a single religious text to be found (and no, I didn't crop them out), despite this being on the grounds of a certain notorious school. Ironically enough, the lack of such is one of those things that would've been abhorrent to the people they sought to honor. But at this point, the Idaho National Guard probably would've been called out if these kids had one.

0 comments: