Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Princess and the Fish

My father continued his efforts to introduce my children to that scary thing called nature yesterday by convincing The Princess to play hooky and go fishing (wasn't that hard to convince). She'd never been before, so this was a pretty big deal. We were all pretty glad to see her go--sadly, not because we were glad she got the experience, but because from the time she got up until she was picked up, she made sure to announce to whoever was near, "I'm going fishing!" every five minutes or so (maybe every three).

She, her cousin, and Grandpa (or, as Arnold has taken to calling him "Grond-paw") seemed to have a pleasant time, and on the whole were able to enjoy sitting by the edge of the river uninterrupted by removing fish from hooks. Thankfully, they weren't totally skunked--the Princess was able to bring in this bluegill (if I was better with GIMP, I'd doctor the photo just to help her ego in years to come when she pulls this photo out. I just hope she realizes that not every fishing trip will be this exciting and eventful.

0 comments: