Saturday, January 26, 2008

Semi-Coherent Random Ramblings

Having one of those nights where consciousness wants to leave me faster than um, some witty metaphor about me back in high school and cheerleaders that I could write if I wasn't about to receive a restraining order from wakefulness. So am just going to type random thoughts into NoteTab during these wee small hours of the morning in an attempt to keep the brain churning.

Buckle up kids, this could be a bumpy ride.

I understand the WGA is fighting for what they think is important, fair, just, etc.--and I truly support them (which is gotta be the first time in my life that I've pulled for strikers). But I want this strike over! I want Chuck, HIMYM, Life, Battlestar, House, Bones, etc. back. The double-dose of Chuck Thursday (thank you NBC!) which I just finished watching (thank you NBC.com!) really just served to remind me how much I miss them. (that doesn't sound tooo pathetic, does it?)

Whoever first thought of wrapping milk chocolate with a thin candy coating is a genius, right up there with the inventor of the wheel.

Had my first exposure to Vista tonight. They bought a new computer for the office at work and asked me to set it up for them (wow! they actually read my résumé!!!). I don’t get the hate for it. Seems kinda nice. When I had my desktop repaired last spring, my computer guy told me he'd tell me to take my money elsewhere if I asked him to install Vista. Based on press/friend reviews, I assured him that wouldn't be an issue. But now, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, I'm not running out and buying a copy today (pretending I had the money) or anything, Dear :) It probably helps that this machine was designed for Vista, unlike most of the people I know who hate it on upgraded XP machines. Not sure I see any great advantage over XP, but then again, I haven't spent that much time on it.

Thomas Sangster is one impressive child actor. But his eyes are seriously creepifying.

Good friend wrote a very long soul-baring blogpost a week or so back. Don't see eye to eye with her on some of what she talked about, but I can see where she's coming from. Great example in how a church can fail...

Co-worker was watching Shattered Glass tonight. Saw something I couldn't believe...Hayden Christensen was acting! Don't get me wrong, he's not my generation's DeNiro, but he was actually acting pretty well. Figured after recently ripping on the guy, I should mention that.

I just find it hilarious that the Feds can't find Chuck Knoblauch to give him his subpeona to appear before that waste of taxpayer money committee on 'roids in baseball. Speaking of which, Stallone is saying he took HGH to get ready for Rambo. NO WAY!

Speaking of Yankee players, Phil Hughes started blogging recently--this probable future superstar is interacting with the fans in a very open way. Seems like a fun guy. Liked what I saw from him last year, have great hopes for this year. Now am pulling for him even more (didn't think that was possible), cuz I feel like I know the guy. Silly, I know.

Man, my handwriting (which is fairly nightmarish to begin with) is really, really nasty when I'm tired.

For those having a hard time surviving the strike...Alan Sepinwall's Strike Survival TV Club is a real help. Right now, he's going through Cupid--best work Paula Marshall's ever done and some of Jeremy Piven's best as well. Even Lisa Loeb!

I've held off on a couple of anti-Marvel/anti-One More Day rants over the last couple of weeks for some reason. Still might let loose with one before long, but, I should just take this opportunity to say I hate, HATE, HATE, HATE the moves that Joe Q and the rest of the Marvel Powers That Be are making lately. Nothing against them personally (well, am trying to keep it that way) but may they have very short tenures at their current jobs.

One of the best ways technology is helping my life is my cell phone. Why? I get to talk to TLomL on the way home from work each day. The conversation is rarely profound, rarely productive or even that informative..."Man, it's cold." "I'm so tired." "I've got so much to do today..." "Kids work up too early." That kind of thing. But I'll tell ya, that 20 minutes or so are some of my favorite each day.

Speaking of which, today when I get home, I'm going to do something I've done for maybe a grand total of 7 hours since Sept 06 when I gave up the whole land-line thing...I'm turning off my cell.

Time to go...

0 comments: