Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Are You Ready to Vote?

No, not talking about Ron Paul (or anyone else...). I'm talking about the voting that we Americans really care about--Tuesday vote counts that make Super Tuesday look like a High School Newspaper Opinion poll, I'm talking American Idol.

That's right--it's back tonight. I'll probably ignore, as per usual, most of the audition shows, I know that once we get to Hollywood week--I'll be there with my kids right after (during?) breakfast, putting my DVR to use every single episode. Especially in these WGA-Strike days, where I have nothing else to do...

Can this year top last? Yeah, hard not to...and the producers seem to know that. Hopefully their intended tweaks do the trick. As usual, Alan Sepinwall nails it in his column: How to polish a tarnished 'Idol'. Idol fans, or just those who like to think about how a TV show--nay, TV juggernaut--can improve itself, give it a read.

1 comments:

girlfriday said...

Huge ratings. Did you watch? We'll watch eventually but my husband doesn't like the screening phase and I see where he's coming from.

Would you like to be the dude that gets through so Simon can insult and ONLY so Simon can insult you.

"I'm the guy in Episode One who helped a bunch of Fox executives make money."