Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Okay, it's not the Cute Tyke with a Bowl Haircut...

...but it's darn close.

John Francis Daley joins the Bones cast tonight as a...couples counselor? Just what every forensic anthropologist and her FBI partner needs. Starting tonight with a 4-part arc that's going to become a recurring role, Daley's Dr. Lance Sweets, is apparently going to get the two leads to open up to each other.

I've got nothing against Daley--loved him in Freaks and Geeks, he was decent in Waiting. I liked the little shrink arc they did last year with Booth and Stephen Fry. But this is...pointless.

Bones has never been the best show on TV--or even on FOX--but it's been a solid, entertaining, show that brings me back week after week (heck, I even bought Max Allan Collins' tie-in novel--and would buy more). But this leaves me wondering if I'm seeing Booth shopping for waterskis next to those shark-infested waters.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dropped Bones for awhile, just came back to the stable (so to speak), this sounds bad - Bones and Booth seem to have stuff worked out, with Booth even matching Bones with a reply at the end of last weeks show which left Bones speechless. Could this be Bones (show) undoing?

- kletois