Monday, March 07, 2005

Relief

aaahhh. Just got off the phone with the State Tax Commission. I start my temp assignment with them on Monday. Perfect timing...I think I've almost walked out the door at McD's every night I've worked in the past 2 weeks. They've been over scheduling me the last few weeks, and it's killing the whole studying thing.

But now, I get to go in tonight (the manager in charge of scheduling is closing tonight, which she practically never does--talk about nice timing...it's almost like there's someone controlling things) and give them a new schedule with a lot less availability on it.

Beyond that, there are some bonuses to this new gig

  • Get to sit while working
  • Get to listen to my class lectures while working
  • Get to work with actual GROWNUPS
More than that, for just a couple more hours a week, I'll be making a lot more money, which will hopefully take care of some big expenses headed our way.

Anyway, my text for this week contains the instruction "Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms." Which is exactly what I'm doing now.

0 comments: