Tuesday, March 29, 2005

maybe I should just go live in a cave for a bit

I just want to watch/listen to the news again without getting angry. Okay the whole unjust war thing we've got going in Iraq got me/gets me burned, but, y'know, it's what governments do...I can deal. The whole Bi-partisan congressional 9/11 investigation/circus ticked me off, but it's what politicians do. Those sucked and they made me angry, but it was a detached anger, y'know.

But this Schiavo mess...there's no detachment there. And then today, thanks to those good people at Planned Parenthood for taking this to the Supreme Court (out of the goodness of their hearts, I'm sure), Idaho's law requiring parental notification before a minor can have a life-threatening and life-changing (not to mention life-ending) operation has been rejected. Grrrrr.

Okay, I'm not going to use the old "can't get a ear pierced w/o the parent's permission" line (everyone's tired of it). I'm going to come up with the, Can't get a B without the parents being notified line. or the Can't get a tetanus shot for scratching your toe on a nail at your neighbor's home without parental notification line. I mean, come on people! Where's our perspective?!?!?! I know, I know, we're all too distracted with the riveting and vital events in the Michael Jackson case to care about this, but...ugh. Maybe on a commerical break we can think about caring?

0 comments: