Monday, August 16, 2004

Theologically Speaking

It's been noted a handful of times (esp. by me) that for a blog maintainted by a seminarian and Presbyterian elder, there's very little talk about theology here. What's up with that?

Well, for one thing, pretty much everything I have to say about the Bible/theology/doctrine/etc. is for my sermons. I simply don't have energy to think about anything else at the moment. Hopefully, my upcoming seminary studies will help me there.

Secondly, it's just really hard to find the time to finish those theological posts I start. I'm very careful about what I publish in that regard. For example, raving about the upcoming Batman Begins is easy--if it turns out to be a flop, I can live with myself. Saying something baseless or groundless about the new Finger Eleven album..eh, whatever. But I can't say that about say questioning (or not questioning enough) the orthodoxy of writer X, or idea Y that I might want to talk about.

'nuff said...


0 comments: