Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Excuses, thy name is HC Newton

Just received some bad news about a friend. I feel like an utter failure. It's been a couple of months since I've seen him--and I'm about the only friend he has in the area. Now, my presence in his life would not have prevented the problems he's having--but maybe, just maybe it could've lessened it. Yeah, yeah, I have a bazillion reasons for not having made it out to see him, and at least 80% are legitimate.

The fact that I have such a list makes me mad. It shows me that now matter how important I think people are to me, I can find many things that are moreso. And it isn't just him, come to think of it. I have similar reasons for not seeing my grandmother, or aunt, or other grandmother, or some other friends--or for doing something to help out complete and utter strangers at a shelter, or CPC, or . . .

man, I suck.

0 comments: