Sunday, January 11, 2004

Checkin' in

Haven't had much to say in a couple of days. Well, did my exhortation on Eph 3:14-21 today. I'm usually a read the script kind of guy, but I've been loosening up lately. But today (for various reasons) I only used a thorough outline. It went okay, but there were two verses that inexplicably I had little to say, no matter how hard I tried,

"that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith"

There's a lot there, I know it, but as I prepped this week, I just couldn't put anything into words--was kind a counting on inspiration striking while I delivered it this morning. Of course, no inspiration came . . .

Anyhow, other than that, it went pretty well. Glory to God. Quite a few people told me it was beneficial for them--which is a nice change, the last few exhortations were pretty useless I fear.

'Course now we're done with the "indicative" part of the letter, on to the "imperative." I get to spend the next couple of months telling people what to do. Yippee!! **

**=(just a joke, folks)

0 comments: