Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Just had to Share this One

This is one of those, I have to write down so I'll remember it in the years to come.

Arnold and his sister went camping and fishing with my parents this last weekend--because of the rain, "camping" is loosely defined as sleeping in sleeping bags on the living room floor. Which explains all the grass underneath Arnold's feet in this picture.

Of course, since they were camping, they had a cookout or two, and roasted marshmallows. Towards the end of the roasting, Arnold declares that he's making one for his dad, which probably elicited it's share of chuckles, and they tried to move on. But he's got this way about him that makes his parents do things they normally wouldn't do--making Grammy very susceptible to his whims. So, she wraps it in a piece of wax paper and plastic wrap.

And he kept it.

Sunday when he came home (after the excitement of meeting Wonder Mutt had died down), I was given this clump of plastic wrap around something. I could tell he thought he was being thoughtful and generous when he presented it to me, so I thanked him and hoped he'd explain.

No such luck--apparently the nature of the clump should've been obvious, so I thanked him, and he glowed. Thankfully, Grammy was still around to explain what I'd been given.

How thoughtful is that, really? Only time anyone's ever bothered to make me a roasted marshmallow and then keep it for a day.

Incidentally, it tasted great, still had some of that fresh off the stick smokey taste to it, too. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...how sweet!!! Thinking of his Daddy like that.

:-)

tucsonmom

Lockheed said...

ok now im crying... look what you did!