Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Is it Time for a Cast Change?

I've been thinking this for awhile, but while watching "The Beaver in the Otter," last week's episode of Bones, I've gotta say it. It's time for another casting change.

They've made some minor tweaks in the past--swtiching from Dr. Goodman to Cam, losing Zack, adding Sweets, and so on. But the one I'm proposing is a bit more drastic...

It's time to lose Dr. Brennan.

She's dull. She's boring. The "I don't get how non-genius types think" schtick is tired and worn. Time for her to either wise up to the rest of the world or move on.

This show would be so much more entertaining if it was just Booth and the rest of the Squints. Booth, Cam, Angela, Hodgins, Sweets and the Intern of the Week could fight crime on their own just fine without the lack-of-social skills Brennan (how can anyone be a best selling mystery author while knowing so little about how people act/live/think?).

2 comments:

Steve B said...

I'm only just working through season one, so it's still fresh. Sounds like you and me have the same video tastes!

Fringe
Bones

The wife is into the forensics shows, and has gotten me hooked, too.

Have you ever watched Criminal Minds. I like the show, but it gets pretty gory and violent for me.

Anonymous said...

Your suggestion at first left me somewhat speechless. Now I agree totally. Bones should either soften up to the lesser mortals (ie brush up on social skills), or find God (yes, reformed and trinitarian).

Sad to see her go otherwise (when she isnt speaking she is quite nice).

~kletois