Tuesday, September 09, 2008

So much for that idea...

I just watched the first episode of True Blood, "Strange Love" and have to report that I won't be saying much about it as I planned--need another episode or two to decide what I think about this show.

I do think it has promise--I really appreciate the care put into the small touches and F/X in the attempt to make this world come to life. Anna Paquin is as fantastic as ever--she alone should be grounds for sticking around this series; the supporting cast is interesting to say the least.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having not read the books, I was in for a shock when I first watched True Blood. I'm no prude but the sex scenes seemed over the top and unnecessary for plot development - ok, so vampires like it rough, I get the point. Episode 2 had a few intriguing points; one of which had my mind churning through the subconscious realm to locate an answer to Bill's regular question to Sookie 'what are you?'.

All in all I think True Blood will be ok as vampire shows go, just dont expect it to be on the same level as Anne Rice in story, or as inspired in direction as anything Whedon creates.


kletois