Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Makings of an Interesting Week

This morning after the service, TLomL was approached about sending our older kids to a camping trip this week. After some discussion, we decided that Samwise is too young for that batch, but Frodo'd just about fit (the problem when you start your kids in school early and everything is figured out by grade level)--and it'd probably be good for the two of them to occasionally do something w/o the other involved.

The boys were game--esp. since we're dog sitting for some friends, and Sam'll be in charge of that. But even without that carrot, it didn't even seem to occur to him that he should be upset that we weren't talking about letting him go--the little dude surprises me sometimes. Speaking of surprises, Frodo, my little wall-flower, didn't realize he should be nervous about this. Eh, kids these days, what're ya gonna do?

So, Sam gets to be BMOC for a couple days, Frodo gets to head out on an adventure, and I get to be a nervous wreck. I think I've mentioned before that Nemo's dad, Marlin, is a role model to me (at least at the beginning of the flick--by the end he's such a sell-out).

I am so not ready for this.

2 comments:

Susan a.k.a Lucy said...

DUDE I am so not ready for this!!! And they aren't even my kids....CAMP....OMy O my...ok, ok...they can do this...you can do it..um uh...there's the providence thing..yeah, that's it..PROVIDENCE..ok...keep breathing...flic your tail..there ya go...I'm sure TLoyL will be your stalwart example...my people are always strong (-: not?

Hobster said...

yeah, TLomL is a good example to me :) Am holding in there, but it is very strange to say the least

Samwise is having a hard time w/o his might-as-well-be-twin, but is enjoying himself nonetheless (he especially misses Frodo doing the more 'difficult'/boring chores)

The Princess and Arnold hardly seem to register his absence (am confident they'll notice his return)