Friday, September 29, 2006

Geek Post for the week (hopefully longer)

Trying to tone down the geekiness around here, but sometimes it's hard. Was going to write something about the Robert Downey, Jr as Tony Stark casting news--I think it's inspired. And then I noticed that the good folks over at Aint It Cool News had already said it for me:

I can’t even express how much I love that choice. First of all, congratulations to Paramount and Marvel for having the nerve to pin their franchise on Downey. He’s had some rough years, but if I’ve ever seen anyone aggressively work to rehab their career, it’s Downey. Even in his darkest days, he was doing good work, but lately he seems more in touch than ever with what makes him great as a performer. He’s excellent with comedy, and he can break an audience’s heart with ease. Rare combination.

0 comments: