Wednesday, February 09, 2005

a few shout-outs

New to the blogroll:
1. Cent's got himself a blog, and if he remembers to post more than once a month, it'll be worth reading :)
2. Reading bluewoad's blog and/or chatting with him, keeps me thinking I need to read more lit. Ahh, to be in college again. Or retired. Whichever comes first.
3. The Reformation Bad Boy's blog should be good once he gets a bit more on there...'course he's not as bad as he thinks, and his quick take of credo-only baptism is overly simplistic and easy to counter...but hey, he's cool. (anyone else remember that Huey Lewis & the News song, "Sometimes Bad is Bad"?)
4. Oh, and silly me, I nearly forgot irRational's irRamblings...or something like that.

Got an email from a reader I'd yet to meet, who said in part,

I have only "officially" been reformed for about a year and your blog has helped as I have made the transition. Becoming reformed has thrust me into the debate over theonomy, preterism, and several other -onomy's and -erisms I did not know I would encounter. I have come across some very hostile and separatist blogs, websites, emails and persons as I researched on the web. Your blog, for some reason, whether you want it to or not, has appeared to be a somewhat more broad approach that maintains integrity to the truth, without going overboard. Whether that's good or bad, I guess, remains to be seen. I'm not really well read enough yet (like some of my Reformed brothers) to start disowning whole chunks of Christians on aspects of the faith that they might not have been introduced to(as I was not for many years).
That's one of the nicest things said about me in about forever. Thanks!

Oh, yeah, and you'll get the hang of how to disown whole chunks of Christianity...there's a 5 step process on the back of the Reformed Membership Card, I'm sure yours is in the mail :)

0 comments: