Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Sweet Home Chicago....

Where are Jake and Elwood?

No idea when this will get posted, but it's currently 1:40 MST. I'm at O'Hare airport, and an hour ago, I was supposed to board a plane for Greenville, SC. And no, while I'm apt to overlook some important tasks, I'm not responsible for still being here. I'm guessing the flight was cancelled due to snow somewhere...not sure where.

I keep forgetting that I'm an Idaho hick. It doesn't take too long in LA, or San Diego, or even the Chicago airport to remind me of that. The sum total of my "knowledge" of these places comes from TV, movies and novels--'cept San Diego...who writes novels about that? The sheer numbers--and diversity--of people is fairly overwhelming.

So I'm stranded, reminded of my lack of sophistication, a tad apprehensive about my ability to be in class when it starts tomorrow a.m., but I've got 300 pages left in a really good novel and I've eaten actually Chicago-style pizza in Chicago. Yeah, sure, it was only in the airport, but hey, it's in city limits, right? Mental note: Check to see if O'Hare is in city limits... Hmmmm, maybe my next flight will get redirected to New York and I can cross their pizza off of my lift, too. :)

0 comments: