Saturday, December 06, 2008

Sick Day / Judo Tournament

Tempted to call in sick today, not really up for much. If I was, I'd try to describe the Judo Tournament we went to this morning, our first. The Boys' sensei requires attendance as a spectator at one before the students can participate--I thought it was for the student's to get an idea what happens. I misunderstood--it's for the parents to get an idea what happens at one--particularly to get a feel for all the different ways a participant can get injured.

We got a pretty good idea of the ways that could happen, particularly as the day went one. The easiest way for one of my boys to get injured would be to put them on a mat with a girl in their age/weight class (or one below)--those girls were...aggressive doesn't seem to do capture it. Very, very, very competitive and quite expressive of that competitiveness comes closer.

Mostly, we witnessed a good deal of great sportsmanship, respect for tradition, and skill--I'm really looking forward to seeing what my rookies do.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you take a sick day, when you only work at night.?

kletois