Friday, March 11, 2011

Legacy by Jeanne C. Stein

Legacy (Anna Strong Chronicles, #4)Legacy by Jeanne C. Stein

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I was almost disappointed by this one, on second thought, maybe I was disappointed by this installment in the Anna Strong series.



Stein introduces us to her version of werewolves (different, a la Meyer, than the shapechangers we've already met). Her take on the species isn't my favorite, but I dig what she's doing with them and the backstory for vamps/werewolves/demons she worked up.



I wasn't crazy about how Anna "solved" the real world job (which she really didn't do), but I thought she handled the supernatural "case" okay. On the whole, though, this book showed Anna at her most clueless, which may be what Stein intended--as long as she's denying one side of her nature, she can't be what she needs to be, etc.--but I doubt it.



For a page or so I thought we were done with the Max subplot after book #3, but no. I thought we were done with the Gloria thing, but no. I thought the David stuff had turned a page and onto something new there, but no. And so on.



Basically, this book served to shuffle the characters around a bit to (potentially, hopefully) do something with next time around.



Don't get me wrong, I'm back for (at least) #5 and #6. Just hoping I don't regret it.



View all my reviews

0 comments: