Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Update

So yesterday, TLomL checks this space and makes an exasperated noise while muttering something about nothing new. I defend myself, "Just haven't had anything interesting to say." She shoots me a look saying, "Never stopped you before." But she has enough tact to only say it with her eyes, not her mouth.

So while my young scholars are chomping at breakfast, I'll babble a bit, maybe saying something interesting along the way.

Watched Serenity for only the second time this week. Not sure how that happened without the world ending--if I'd guessed before the film was released, I'd have said that the 2nd time I saw it would've been within a week of the first. Quite wrong. Still a great film. I actually got a little choked up...can't think of another SF movie that made me do that...(wait, A. I. made me cry when I realized I was never going to have that two hours and twenty-six minutes back). Infinately quoteable, filled with well-rounded characters--not one or two well written people and a bunch of characters for them to react to, but an entire cast of them--F/X that serve the story (odd notion, that).

Am wearing a hole in my library card--something I haven't done since High School. Yet, if I were to think about it, I'd say that I have absolutely no time at all to read. I get most of it done a paragraph here and there while doing other things. Showing a great lack of discernment in genre, style, target age, topic, etc. Just reading any and everything that catches my eye. Have read some passable stuff, some great stuff, and some "eh" stuff because of that. But hey, it's something. I've been working on a couple of posts about some of the more notable things I've read lately, but haven't gotten around to finishing them...by year's end.

maybe.

I haven't mentioned www.ronpaul2008.com for awhile, so I'd better do that. Don't forget the Tea Party!

I've been wanting to talk about the off-season moves the Yanks have made, but haven't found the time...on the whole I'm pleased. As long as the Steinbrothers don't make that lousy three-for-Santanta trade they toyed with recently, I might even go so far as to say I'm happy about it.

One question: Weather.com told me this morning before I left work that it was 23, but felt like 11. Once you hit 23...does it matter if it feels colder? If it was 78 and felt like 62, I could see pointing it out. But at 23? It's all just numbers and being mind-numbingly freezing at that point...

Okay, my oatmeal bowl is almost empty and the clean-up crew is working on the table...that'll have to do for now.

1 comments:

polymathis said...

Nothing new to say...?
Well, try something new to surf:
Blog readability:
http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx
Blog widgets:
http://www.springwidgets.com/widgets/view/23#cooliris

Just trying to help out!