Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pretty Sure it Wouldn't Meet Code, but...

Clearly, when it comes to this household and Dec. 25th, I'm alone in distaste. This weekend, TLomL and the Offspring played confectionery construction workers and assembled their first Gingerbread House.


Well, I'm not exactly sure how much the Offspring did...I know a couple of them watched good portions of the process, and I think they all had candy in their hand at one point or another...but pretty sure the bulk of the work was done by one lone laborer:

In the end, after much blood, sweat and tears (or was that frosting, sugar, and gumdrops?) a decently-sound structure was standing


Not only did this provide some good quality time for mom and the kids, a (probably) tasty treat on the 35th...more importantly (to me) it provided some "let's give sick Daddy some peace and quiet." Oh yeah, and some opportunities for good discussions between TLomL and the Offspring on ethics, just punishments for rule violations, etc. (not all the cobblestones made it through the first night...)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job. Super pictures. Brought back some memories of when TLOYL made one with me.