Thursday, September 06, 2007

First Day

You ever have one of those weeks where everything--and I mean everything you start or intend to start just doesn't work? Well, I'm having one of those (getting better, tho--I think). So the homeschooling I was so looking forward to getting underway with on Tuesday? Mostly started today. Some parts will start on Monday (Deo Volente)...others will start sometime after that.

We've taken more time off this summer than we usually do, and the kids are having a hard time readjusting (me, too, come to think of it...and because things were so strange this morning, no coffee since we finished the pot at work 'round 4:30!)--particularly the attention-span-deprived Samwise.

We got a little workbook on letters and sounds for Arnold to start using--not a serious preschool curriculum, just something on paper for him to do. He loved it, you could really tell he liked sitting down with the others and have me work on a sheet with him.

Anyhow...we've started. By the grace of God, we'll persevere. Here's the obligatory/traditional first day of school blog pictures--enjoy! (you can really tell that Frodo likes me interrupting his thinking for this, huh?)



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

summer is over. back to school. thanks for the pictures. i always appreciate being able to see the progress both in growth and school. Very proud of my grand-children and both of you for doing a great job. Mom