Monday, December 04, 2006

What is up w/my internal clock?

Woke up freakishly early this morning. Took the opportunity to free up some space on my DVR's hard drive. Random thoughts...

How I Met Your Mother--ahh. Wayne Brady being something other than Wayne Brady. Great! Ted and "Aunt Robin" still together in a year? hmmmmm. Who cares? Marshall and Lilly are hitched. That's what's important. Funny, funny stuff. The "Single Stamina" bit--ahhh, those were the days.

(About his brother)
Barney: He's the awesomest, most best-lookingest, greatest guy ever!
Lily: He's exactly like Barney.
Barney: That's what I just said.
Battlestar Galactica--played lots of catch up here. Only one ep behind now. Ooh, ooh! Carl Lumbly--yay!--Dixon/J'onn J'onzz!! The premise for "Heroes" really caught me off guard--esp. after the moralizing of "A Measure of Salvation." When're they just going to make Lawless a cast member? Number 3 is more interesting than the rest of the Cylons who aren't Six put together.

House--okay, as interesting as it is, I'm so ready for this Tritter storyline to be over. It's best when Tritter and House are on screen together--but that hasn't happened for ages. Finish it up. The Cuddy-meltdown was a nice touch. Sets things up for Wilson to come to her rescue on the whole pregnancy thing.

and last, but in no way least, Veronica Mars: the end of the first arc of the year. Not nearly as satisfying as the season-long mysteries were, but hey, I'll take what I can get from Thomas/Bell/and everyone else. Good ending. Great use of a unicorn. Logan is making me see the appeal of the bad-boy (and he's available now! mayyyybe....) My only complaint is that Mac, Wallace and Weevil don't get to do more. I was about to say, esp. Mac. But then I thought, "nah, it's Wallace that's missing." Followed by "need more Weevil." So I'm just going to let the original sentence stand. Very glad that Parker got to come to the rescue tho. Really nice touch. Biggest complaint: Veronica hasn't learned from Buffy. You need your Scoobies around to watch your back when you go after the Big Bad. Calling Dad at the second-after-the-last doesn't count. While en route to the dorm, why not call him before the dud of a bomb threat idea? And I thought you were smart... Do I really have to wait til Jan 23 for more? ugh.

0 comments: