Sunday, December 31, 2006

I am Father, Hear me Roar!

This was a morning that would've been a disaster even with a full contingent of parents. First, we woke up 30 minutes late--after the alarm went off, I set it for a self-indulgent/begging for trouble 15 minutes later. And apparently turned off the alarm entirely while doing so. Oops. So like I said, we're 30 min late.

While they're eating breakfast (Arnold and Samwise were uncharacteristically slow), I prepared the church bulletin (forgot to do it last night). Get Frodo in the shower, start printing bulletins. Shuffle Samwise into the shower, and while I'm doing so, Frodo and the Princess start yelling for me. Pullups can sometimes be a wonder of engineering, holding much more of that smelly stuff than you'd think was possible--at the same time, you can't help but think--and it can't hold a little more? So I'm soon cleaning carpet, cleaning kitchen floor, trying to get Samwise's hair under control, trying to prevent the mess in the kitchen from spreading, trying to clean Arnold...ack!

Anyway, make it through that, 2 additional baths, etc. Get out the door on time. Actually ready early. No major discipline issues, no yelling, no tempers flaring. Times like this I almost feel up to this job :)

Anyway, here's the results:


if only I could get him to look less goofy when there's a camera on him

(apparently, she's taking lessons from Samwise)

okay, day could've gone better, could've gotten all 4 to be ready for a picture at the same time

see what I mean?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful kids!