Thursday, January 26, 2006

100th Episode

Smallville reaches the magic 100 mark tonight. (not sure why it's magic anymore, used to be the point at which shows went into syndication, iirc, it's not that anymore)

Anyway, this is the show we've all been anticipating/dreading since the season opener. To satisfy Jor-El returning Clark's powers to him (a la Superman II), someone close to him will die (unlike Superman II). Who will this person be? Someone standing close to Clark? or someone truly close to him? Well, someone from the opening credits. Maybe more than one someone. Supposedly no one on the cast saw it coming 'til they got the script (gotta be a sucky way to find out you're unemployed).

Anyway, will be at work with someone meets their doom. Hope my VCR (how much of a throwback am I? Video cassette?) does its job tonight. Won't be going online 'til I've had the chance to watch it, as a good chunk of the internet will be talking about this. If my VCR doesn't do its job, well, let's just say you won't be seeing me update the blog or check my email for a few months :)

My greatest fear is that it will be Chloe. Scribbler and I aren't sure if we're coming back for a Chloe-less Smallville (we will, we'll just gripe for a couple weeks). Lois is safe, ditto for Lex. I bet Ma is, too. Jonathan...hmm..tough call. But he's almost too obvious w/the long-term heart condition, hate-hate relationship with Jor-El. Lionel? Ha. Not close to clark at all. That leaves Lana. Oh my, I hope it's Lana. She's a drag on the show, the Clark-Lana relationship hasn't had zip for awhile. And we all know the relationship is doomed (see Lois). We'll know in a couple hours how much I think like a TV writer (there's part of me that opes I don't think much like one)

6 comments:

girlfriday said...

What's your knowledge of the comic books? Mine is nill, but my sister said Lana was part of Clark's past and was helpful to him in time. Unless she dies in the comic books, it's hard to imagine them deviating that much, isn't it? As for Chloe--again? Would they fake kill her then kill her for real? She isn't Buffy!

Hobster said...

they've thrown out the comic continuity by introducing Lois into Clark's life in High School...also the producers have frequently said that they aren't bound by them or the movies...

oh yeah, another pro-lana's death argument. It'd push Lex even further over the edge.

girlfriday said...

Spoiler? Anyone? Tell me what happened?

Hobster said...

Here's an episode recap.

rustypth said...

I've wanted Lana to die since season 1 =)

Cruel? maybe. LOL

Don't tell me what happens. I haven't seen any of season 5.

Hobster said...

rusty--you and at least 1 other reader here...all I'm giving is a link. :)