Tuesday, May 24, 2005

She's a little bit Country, He's a little bit Rock 'n Roll

Somehow, despite my repeated intentions to the contrary, I've blogged very little about American Idol (and several of you are very grateful). So I figured I'd better do this now, while I had a spare moment.

First off, I fully expect either tonight or tomorrow they'll give us Carrie and Bo doing a duet of that old Osmonds song.

Secondly, back before we got the final 12--and were immersed in the Mario/Nicco switch, the shady past of "The Body" and had to figure out just why Constantine thought that same Hannibal Lecter stare into the camera was sexy--I was saying definitively that there was no way that anybody but Carrie Underwood would win. When Simon said that she was going to win the competition and sell more than any other winner, I was pleased to see him catch up with me.

But tonight...sorry, Carrie, my dear, but the best you can hope for is that 1 hr before taping Simon and Paula run off to Vegas for a quickie wedding and they have to declare it a draw because Randy can't decide which of you is more aaight. There's just no way you can beat Bo. You don't have it in you. The fact that you beat Baby V last week is a testimony to your fans' loyalty (and Clive Davis' comments about her)--and sadly, not you. Tho' I still bet you sell more records than any Idol contestant.

Last year, I had very little doubt that Fantasia was going to walk all over poor little Diana. This year I have none. It's all about Bo.

0 comments: