Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Sign of Life (no promises regarding the intelligence thereof)

Clearly, it's been awhile since I've done anything around here, and the layer of dust on my Blogger account is thick enough to choke a marmoset.* Initially, it wasn't a planned silence or anything, just something that happened. Then it steamrolled into a cessation of microblogging (and other activity) on Facebook and other InterWeb haunts.

Much to the consternation of at least a few loyal readers/friends/non-donors. I do appreciate those who've written/IMed/nagged about my silence, sorry, folks...am back.

A few days ago, I figured a month off was a good, round timespan, and I'd get back into action today. When I made that call, I hadn't really taken into consideration the fact that I had a wisdom tooth extraction scheduled for the 24th, and am in no mood whatsoever to write anything today (and I did have something in mind). Oops...best laid plans of Mus musculus and Homo sapiens and all that...

I do have most of a plan in place to get at least a post up a day until at least Aug. 26th (that date will become clear, D.V., the day before), which should take care of the general malaise I seem to have developed towards this little project. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks for reading :)


* not that I've tried, mind you--PETA, call off your lawyers.

6 comments:

Lockheed said...

Wisdom tooth extraction!? Sounds like a job for VICADIN MAN!

Hobster said...

:) I was expecting that, but no...just rockin' some mega-doses of Ibuprofen.

Hobster said...

cannot believe I just used "rockin" that way...

really, really wish I could blame that on a narcotic

Anonymous said...

*pokes Hobs*

yup! He's showing signs of life.
nothing to see here

Move along...

:-)


When you stop " rockin' some mega-doses of Ibuprofen" all will resume back to normal. *snicker*

In all seriousness, hope all is well with you and yours. Good to see ya back on the blog.

tucsonmom

Anonymous said...

Im so happy u are starting to blog again. Wasting time at work can be tough without the material of Pax Armor etc to read!



kletois

Steve B said...

I thought maybe you were eaten by a Gru.