Friday, October 11, 2002

I did some reading in Douglas Adams' The Salmon of Doubt today. I haven't sat down and read that cover to cover yet, for some good reasons and some that'll require therapy someday. For those of you who don't know who he is (I pity you), read this.

Anyhow, Adams had a huge impact on my intellectual and social development (or lack thereof), and reading that today helped me remember why and how.

Anyway. Back to the starting point. I was reading him today, going on about how computers should work and how Macs are way to complicated! And it was fun to read. It reminded me why I like to read and why I liked to write--fun. I've spent way too long trying to be a grown-up writer type, who can write serious (and short and non rambling) lines about serious arguments to build up to serious points. That's an important thing to do, and I'm going to continue trying. But. I'm going to try to remember the whole fun thing, too.

0 comments: