Sunday, May 14, 2006

Cleaning up with GREAT pleasure

I'm probably the only one who cares, but it makes me feel very, very good to wipe out a few items from the current book list:

  • Gateway to the Middle Ages: Monasticism by Eleanor S. Duckett
  • The Baptism of Disciples Alone by Fred Malone
  • Guide to Thomas Aquinas by Josef Pieper
only one of those was worth the effort, only one of those was written by an apparently Christian person, and one makes me think of Dorothy Parker's famous line, "This is not a book to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force."

I'll leave it to you to guess which is which.

6 comments:

kletois said...

You make me feel bad about my reading. I thought I had had a win by ripping through Dan Brown's The da Vinci Code.

kletois said...

Oh, and I know which book you are talking about...but I wont give it away, just incase the other 3 readers of the blog want to figure it out.

rustypth said...

well it isn't tough to figure out ... "only one was written by an apparently Christian person..." lol

Hobster said...

you're very kind, klet :)

btw, guess I wasn't clear, in my series of "one is..." I actually described each of the three

polymathis said...

I hate guessing--please tell me.

Please.
Please?
Right now?


Please???

Hobster said...

Fine...can't bear to watch a man lose his dignity like that: Pieper was worth the effort, Malone's apparently Christian, and Duckett's one volume makes me wonder why any publicher would ask her to write about other Gateways to the Middle Ages.