Friday, August 12, 2005

I'm lovin' it

The Associated Press is running a story about people losing weight at McDonald's.

Inspired by the documentary "Super Size Me," Merab Morgan decided to give a fast-food-only diet a try. The construction worker and mother of two ate only at McDonald's for 90 days _ [sic] and dropped 37 pounds in the process.
Later, the story reads:
Morgan, from Raleigh, thought the documentary had unfairly targeted the world's largest restaurant company, implying that the obese were victims of a careless corporate giant. People are responsible for what they eat, she said, not restaurants. The problem with a McDonald's-only diet isn't what's on the menu, but the choices made from it, she said.

"I thought it's two birds with one stone _ [sic] to lose weight and to prove a point for the little fat people," Morgan said. "Just because they accidentally put an apple pie in my bag instead of my apple dippers doesn't mean I'm going to say, 'Oh, I can eat the apple pie.'"
Read the whole thing for more, including someone else losing weight and making a documentary about it...

Note the words I threw into bold there...personal responsibility? What is this gal thinking? This is America! It's somebody else's fault!!!

0 comments: